Start Date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Closing Date: Friday 12th November 2021
Interviews: Not earlier than Tuesday 9th November
Salary: Unqualified teacher, U1, £18,419 a year, pro-rata
Contract Type: Fixed term to 1 July 2022. 36 hours per week - term time only
School based Literacy or Maths Instructors (2 posts)
Unqualified teacher rate of £18,419 a year, pro-rata
36 hours per week (8:30 am – 4:30 pm), term time only
Starting as soon as available until 1 July 2022
Interviews will be arranged on receipt of applications
but will not take place any earlier than Tuesday 9 November
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and hard working people to join this successful and popular school.
You will be required to:
- Support students aged 11 to 16 to make further progress in their learning
- Lead small group support sessions focusing on targeted subjects (e.g. English, maths)
- Liaise with key staff such as Heads of Department to develop and receive work to support intervention and mentoring sessions
- Work on a one to one or small group basis with students
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to solve problems and be proactive
- Has an excellent sense of humour
- Is educated to degree level
We welcome applications from candidates with exams, speech and language, intervention and teaching experience, as well as applications from those new to the role with transferable skills from another sector. The ability to also support learning in other subjects such as history, geography, French, German or Spanish would also be desirable, but not essential.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact Mr C Ryall (Deputy Headteacher), firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the school on 01787 375232.
Closing date for applications: until appointments are made
Interviews will not be any sooner than Tuesday 9 November 2021.