Start Date: Monday 21st November 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th November 2022
Interviews: W/c Monday 5th December 2022
Salary: Instructor £24.99 per hour
Contract Type: 0 Hours (to complete time sheet each month)
Job Title: Violin Instructor
Contract Hours: 0 Hours (to complete time sheet each month)
Start Date: January 2023
Grade: Instructor £24.99 per hour
Responsible to: Head of Music
As a popular and successful school, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking Violin teacher to contribute to the further success of our school.
You will be required to:
- To ensure that all students make outstanding progress
- To encourage our students be involved in a range of musical activities.
- Take students through graded examinations ins preparation for Key Stage 4 and 5.
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of teaching music
- Has an up-to-date knowledge of curriculum developments, current education policy and progression routes for students.
- Is committed to high standards and ensuring that all groups of students make progress
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to solve problems, be organised as well as proactive
- Has an excellent sense of humour
It would also be desirable if the candidate could teach a second instrument in addition to Violin.
Thomas Gainsborough School is a consistently high performing, well-resourced school in South Suffolk.
We are a centre of excellence for the performing arts which includes being an Arts Mark Platinum awarded school, a lead school for arts in the community funded by the Arts Council and one of the largest deliverers in the country for Arts Award bronze, which allows every child at Thomas Gainsborough to gain a qualification in the arts. The school regularly leads on projects to bring arts to our local community and to ensure that every child has the opportunity to develop and express themselves, for example this includes local exhibitions and cultural heritage projects.
The school is located just south of Sudbury in Suffolk and is within easy reach of Colchester, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
If you would like to learn more about the school in preparation for making an application or would like to speak to someone about this exciting opportunity, then please contact Mr Chris Ryall (Deputy Headteacher), email@example.com, 01787 375232.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th November, 2022
Interview: Week commencing Monday 5th December 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.