Start Date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews: W/c 26th April 2021
Salary: MPS 1 to 6
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Title: Teacher of Business
Contract Hours: Full time
Start Date: September 2021
Grade: MPS 1 to 6
Responsible to: Head of Department
As a popular and successful school, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking Teacher of Business to contribute to the successful teaching of business courses across the school.
The successful candidate would be able to teach GSCE Business and Level 3 BTEC Business.
You will be required to:
- To ensure that all groups of students make outstanding progress in business across all key stages
- To develop or contribute to the range of activities and support for all students across the curriculum in areas related to business, enterprise and finance
Therefore, we are looking for someone who: Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of teaching Business at Key Stages 3-5
- Has a record of raising attainment of their students
- Has an up to date knowledge of curriculum developments, current education policy and progression routes for business students.
- Is committed to high standards and ensuring that all groups of students make progress
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to solve problems and be proactive
- Has an excellent sense of humour.
Thomas Gainsborough School is a consistently high performing and well-resourced school in South Suffolk. The school continues to invest in high quality professional development and provides a range of employee benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for any teacher to develop their practice and continue their career progression.
The school is located just south of Sudbury in Suffolk and is within easy reach of Colchester, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
If you would like to learn more about the school in preparation for making an application, or would like to speak to someone about this exciting opportunity, then please contact Mr C Ryall (Deputy Headteacher), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01787 375232.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing 26th April 2021