Start Date: Thursday 30th April 2020
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th May 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 11 May 2020
Salary: MPR/UPR (£24,373 - £40,490) + TLR (£4,610)
Contract Type: Permanent - starting September 2020
As a popular and successful school, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking lead of Business to contribute to the successful teaching of materials-based technology courses across the school.
The successful candidate would be able to teach at least some of GCSE Business, Level 3 BTEC Business or A Level Economics. They would also be responsible for the quality of teaching and the progress of students in the two Business courses and A Level Economics.
You will be required to:
• To ensure that all groups of students make outstanding progress in business across all key stages
• To develop and contribute to the range of activities and support for students across the curriculum in areas related to Business, enterprise and finance
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of teaching Business or Economics at Key Stages 3-5
• Has a record of raising attainment of their students
• Has an up to date knowledge of curriculum developments, current education policy and progression routes for business students.
• Is committed to high standards and ensuring that all groups of students make progress
• Is willing to work flexibly
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Is able to solve problems and be proactive
• Has an excellent sense of humour.
Thomas Gainsborough School is a consistently high performing and well-resourced school in South Suffolk. The school continues to invest in high quality professional development and provides a range of employee benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for any teacher to develop their practice and continue their career progression.
The school is located just south of Sudbury in Suffolk and is within easy reach of Colchester, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
If you would like to learn more about the school in preparation for making an application, or would like to speak to someone about this exciting opportunity, then please contact Mr C Ryall (Deputy Headteacher), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01787 375232.
During this period of support for children of key workers we are still open, from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm, and staff will be available to speak to you. The interview process will be well supported to be personal, fair and flexible with a range of activities conducted online or if appropriate in person at a safe physical distance.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 6 May, 2020
Interview: week commencing 11 May, 2020
Further details are available on our website www.tgschool.net or from Mrs K Fuller (Headteacher’s PA), email@example.com, 01787 375232
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.