BTEC Nationals Level 3 Extended CertificateExamination Board: Edexcel
Course Leader: Mr C Howe Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Will I Study?
- Exploring business - (Internal assessment – 90 guided learning hours – 70 marks)
- Business environment, organisations, structures and stakeholders and the markets they inhabit.
- Personal and business finance - External (2 hour exam – 120 guided learning hours – 100 marks)
- Accounting processes and principles for both personal and business finance and evaluating business accounts and documentation.
- Developing a marketing campaign - External (3 hour supervised assessment- 90 guided learning hours – 70 marks)
- Markets, market research, market segmentation and techniques such as marketing mix.
- Recruitment and selection process - (Internal assessment – 60 guided learning hours- 50 marks)
- The recruitment process, through from application to shortlisting, interviews and selection.
BTEC National Level 3 Extended Certificate equivalent to one A level.
Students should have five GCSE’s Grades 9-5 including English and Maths.
Every unit is assessed based on a detailed piece of coursework that is submitted according to set deadlines or an external assessment.
Business Studies can provide you with the knowledge and skills which will support you in a variety of careers as we live in a global and commercialised society.
The study of Business is compatible with areas such as finance, banking, accounting and marketing and not just for entrepreneurs who wish to set up their own business.
Some assessments in Business are through written assignments so this will aid you in developing your ability to write clearly and succinctly. The coursework requirements encourage much evaluation and analysis of subject knowledge and particular business scenarios. Exam units encourage recall and application of the knowledge gained in class. This will develop important thinking skills and provide a greater understanding of processes in businesses as well as personal interaction.