In November 2017, Year 7 students took part in the Ovid Storytelling Project, a competition run in conjunction with the Classics Faculty at Cambridge University.
In English lessons, students listened to a range of myths from Ovid’s Metamorphoses collection recorded by award-winning storytellers, Hugh Lupton and Daniel Morden. Then, they chose a myth to re-tell in a modern and creative way. Students embraced the challenge and began re-telling with gusto! From the creation of a chess board with mythical figurines to a cake inspired by King Midas and The Golden Touch, there was a range of originality and creativity demonstrated!
The winning entries from each of the English groups are as follows:
- 7 Grammar: Evie Barker, Edward Burbidge, Sophie Johnston, Maisie Young, Gabriel Bailey, Ellie Andrews, Katy Branch, Noelani Upton and Rosie Gray
- 7 Grammar: Charlie Hill
- 7 Broad: Oriel Hopkins, Amber Collins, Kate Leonard, Summer Collins, and Lizzie Crowley
- 7 Broad: Lilly Elms and Joshua Gilson
- 7 Broad: Holly Badge, Lily Gittings, Tamika Mc Knight, Lilly Packham, and Jack Parker
- 7 Broad: Will Parson
- 7 STEM: Lottie Sears, Michael Gwynn, Braden Webster, Oliver Mullans, and Lottie